With Healthy Way L.A., you choose a permanent medical home at one of more than 100 clinic sites. With a medical home, you go to the same location for nearly all of your medical care needs. Your medical home is staffed by providers who know you by name and how to keep you in optimal health.
Take the first step to good health by seeing if you can enroll. You must meet the following eligibility requirements to enroll in Healthy Way L.A.:
- Residency: Los Angeles County
- Age: Adult, 19 to 64 years of age
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen/National or Legal Permanent Resident of 5 + years
- Income: Monthly income limit ($1,239 or less for a family of one)
- Pregnancy: Not pregnant or eligible for Medi-Cal or Healthy Families
Healthy Way LA (HWLA) is a FREE health program. We will never charge you to complete your HWLA application. HWLA or HWLA pending patients should not receive a bill from DHS for health care services. If you are a HWLA or HWLA pending member and you receive a bill, please contact HWLA member services. Only Department of Health Services employees and contracted partners can process your HWLA application. Please call 1-877-333-4952 if you have questions about the HWLA program.
If you meet the requirements above, Healthy Way L.A. could be your passport to a healthier life. Healthy Way L.A. covers both outpatient AND inpatient services. Plus, you receive many other benefits like:
- Primary Care by Appointment
- Access to in-house pharmacies to fill your prescriptions
- Assigned Medical Home at a location near your home or work
- Preventive Care & Mental Health Services
- Access to Specialists
- Care Management Services for chronic illnesses like CHF & Diabetes
- Urgent & Emergency Medical Care Coverage
- 24/7 Nurse Advice Line
- Translation Services
- Caring, Multi-cultural staff who understand your needs
If you meet the eligibility requirements above, enroll today to start enjoying the peace of mind of having health care coverage. If you are currently going to a DHS or a Community Partner clinic , you can enroll at that location. Due to the high volume, enrollment capacity is currently limited and is on a first come, first serve basis. We are working to expand our enrollment capacity to expand HWLA coverage to all who are in need.
If you have questions, our trained specialists can help you. Call 1- 877-333-HWLA today.
To find a clinic near you, please check the HWLA Provider Directory for a complete list of HWLA medical homes. To see if a clinic is open to new patients, please check our Open/Closed list and make sure to call ahead of time.